PA Mat (Persönliche Ausrüstung) personal equipment of the Swiss Soldier 2015

This forum is for the discussion of the various items worn, used, or carried, by the Swiss Soldiers,
garfield3

19 Mar 2017, 04:59 #1

Thought it might be interesting for some to see. Each Swiss soldier is issued his or her ,,Persönliche Ausrüstung" (Personal gear) to take home. As of 2017, this still includes the Stgw 90 assault rifle. Since 2015, the sleeping bag, gamelle, protective eye glasses, and kampfrucksack 90 are included again. Since 2016, recruits are also issued with a new and very good combat boot (kampfstiefel schwer 14, made by AKU) and two pairs of older combat boots model 1990. The assault rifle may be kept in an arsenal free of charge, however the vast majority of soldier's still keep their weapons at home.

Last edited by garfield3 on 19 Mar 2017, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.

Sanglier Matricule

21 Mar 2017, 23:48 #2

Interesting. Thanks for posting this! 
Are all recruits issued the AKU KS 14 regardless of their unit assignment? Do they get to choose which type of boots to wear or are the KS 14 only worn when they conduct exercises in the mountains? I know they issued heavy duty mountain boots for situations where the KS 90 are inadequate. I almost bought a pair of Raichle Avanti(?) when I visited a LiqShop many years ago, but the guy in front of me got to them first. Are those still being issued?

garfield3

26 Mar 2017, 22:46 #3

Are all recruits issued the AKU KS 14 regardless of their unit
assignment? Do they get to choose which type of boots to wear or are the
KS 14 only worn when they conduct exercises in the mountains?
I do believe the KS14 is now issued to all troops, however the KS14 unfortunately came after my time so I'm not entirely sure. I would imagine it can only be worn when ordered, however I have seen picture in which both boots are being worn (see pictures below)
I almost bought a pair of Raichle Avanti(?) when I visited a LiqShop
many years ago, but the guy in front of me got to them first. Are those
still being issued?
I have seen these before, but only issued as "korpsmaterial" in winter, and not as personal issue.

Sanglier Matricule

27 Mar 2017, 06:11 #4

Very interesting pictures and information. Thanks for posting them!